Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a broad term that is used and interpreted by a lot of people in different ways, usually bringing to mind futuristic globally connected machines.
Artificial Intelligence can be defined as a branch of computer science that can simulate human intelligence and can be implemented in its broadest terms as a collection of rules, algorithms, or models that are optimised for a specific objective.
- Rules can incorporate simple logic and conditions.
- e.g. if response = “hi”: return “hello!”
- Algorithms are made up of many rules or formulas with a finite number of outcomes.
- Regressions algorithms for predictions.
- Models can be made up of symbolic models or deep learning techniques to create inferences on structured and unstructured data.